Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Hockey Tradition Abandoned!



First of all, I haven't posted in quite a while and the dozens (at best) of people who would stop in on the blob have probably abandoned this little site by now.

Excuses to follow after this little tidbit.

I haven't been able to attend as many games (see why when you read my excuses for not contributing the odd bit to the site) as I used to and I have missed all the home games that made it to overtime (I believe there have been five - either way, I was not at any of them).

A good friend pointed out to me that this season the Oilers have abandoned what used to be one of those hockey staples (not David) as tried and true as the Smooch Cam, the Hockey Song and beer.

I heard that the Oilers are no longer playing TNT just before OT.

THE OILERS ARE NO LONGER PLAYING T-FRIGGIN-N-FRIGGIN-T BEFORE O-FRIGGIN-T!

Normally I don't really care what music the Rexall/Northlands/Skyreach guy plays. I don't go to hockey games for music. I don't go to movie theatres for food. I don't go to pubs for martinis.
Frankly the music is incidental to the entertainment package on the ice. Trooper songs are strangely entertaining at a hockey game and nowhere else.

But AC/DC's TNT is SUPPOSED to be played just before the puck drops at overtime. It is also supposed to be played loudly.

I WILL get to the bottom of this.

Are there any fans who have noticed this? Am I the only one who finds this irritating?





No comments: